What’s the difference between CREW Network membership and CREW Richmond membership?
CREW Richmond is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW Richmond is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 70+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 10,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW Richmond reflect those of CREW Network, CREW Richmond has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW Richmond uses the established qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Invitations and discounted registration fees to monthly local meetings, some exclusively for members, as well as discounted rates to CREW Network events.
- Opportunities for development of business and leadership skills to enhance your professional status in the industry, at either the local or global level (or both).
- Timely industry-related information
- Opportunities to support community programs that aim to help women advance
- A connection with more than 10,000 other like-minded commercial real estate professionals around the globe that includes an online directory, resources and a community platform to exchange ideas, business leads and engage in discussions
- Involvement in an organization of members who are dedicated to the profession and to helping each other succeed
- Access to CREWbiz: CREW Network’s online business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile which can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 10,000 professionals globally.
Who are your members? How much does membership cost?
The majority of CREW Richmond members have at least five (5) years of experience in the CRE industry.
The majority of members are currently employed in a full-time managerial, senior level, professional, principal, or revenue-generating position in one or more of the qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE).
CREW Richmond’s basic membership rate is $360, but there are different categories with different requirements and dues rates. Full details »
What are the requirements and how do I apply?
CREW Richmond has different membership requirements for different types of members, based on where you are in your career and within which sector of the industry.
All applicants are required to:
- attend at least one CREW Richmond event within 12 months of submitting an application
- be proposed for membership by two current members, at least one of whom is employed by a firm other than the firm employing the applicant
- submit an application form, which is subject to review by the membership committee and board of directors.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW Richmond typically holds a luncheon once a month, and periodically hosts additional professional development/networking events.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee to help maximize your membership experience. Committee participation can vary, but most committees meet once a month for a 60-minute meeting or conference call.
How/when do I pay my dues?
Upon application approval, CREW Network will send an invoice for your annual dues, which you can pay online with a credit card or mail with a check. Once dues are received, you will become an official CREW member. Membership terms are on a calendar-year basis, so dues are invoiced each fall for the coming term.